Monday, November 23, 2009

DID JA THINK I HAD ABANDONED YOU?

Wow - sorry about that! Never meant to go four days without checking in. As I've mentioned before, John and I usually take turns visiting each other - he comes to spend a long weekend with me here in Wimberely, and then a few days later, I go to spend a long weekend with him in Houston. Works out pretty well, since we aren't usually apart more than four days at a time, and in those four days, we can each concentrate on our individual endeavors without distraction, and without the nagging guilt you often feel when you ignore your loved ones for hours at a time.

So, this weekend it was my turn to be in Houston...only I left a day earlier than I usually do, since we had a function to go to on Thursday evening...and I had Lex with me this time...and Austin and Guinness were there too...and we were on the cusp of the holidays...and there were new movies to see...and restaurants to go to...and shopping to be done...and kids and doggies and hubbies to love on...and...and...and..somehow, I just never made it over to the computer, or pulled that camera out of my purse, the entire weekend. But I thought about you, a lot. Honest!

No comments: