Tuesday, October 21, 2008

BOOT SCOOTIN'


I have added something new, to spice up my workout routine - Boot Scootin'! I've been seeing notices in the paper ever since I got here, for a line dancing class, and thought it sounded like a fun way to exercise. I adore C&W dancing, but the opportunity doesn't come around all that often, especially when hubby spends most of his time in Houston. The great thing about Line Dancing is, you don't need a partner. Remember the Hustle back in the 70's? Well, this is like doing the Hustle with a twang.

I hesitated to join in before, because it was being held at the senior center, and I wasn't sure they would welcome a young whipper-snapper in her mid-50's. Turns out they only hold it there because it's a good space, and everyone is welcome. Besides, the blue-hairs that do participate are the most fun in the class. That reminds me, if you haven't seen the documentary "Young At Heart", go straight out and rent it NOW! It's the one about the choir of people in their 70's and 80's, who travel the world singing hard rock tunes. It rocks! (literally)

Know what the best thing about this class is? I get to pull my boots out of the back corner of my closet, and put them back into use!

5 comments:

Gus said...

Wish I was there! I was pretty good at that in my single days. Spent a good bit of time at the Longhorn Ballroom - love, Gus

Hill Country Hippie said...

All ya gotta do is come visit. Guests are more than welcome!

Polly said...

Love, love, love those boots!

Teri H said...

How fun! And I love your boots too! I wear mine as often as I can here!

Hill Country Hippie said...

One of my sweet sisters gave them to me for Christmas a few years back, along with the very spiffy hat I was wearing in my July 4th photos. I may have to break down and buy a second pair. There's a shop here with 100's of pairs, mostly vintage, and the owner lady is known as the "Boot Whisperer," cause she always knows exactly which pair is just right for you!