Tuesday, September 9, 2008

THOSE DAMN GENES




For her entire life, my poor daughter has had to put up with people saying "Did you know, you look exactly like your mom?" One time we were walking down the street together, and some old geezer came up and said "Well lookie there. It's Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum." I kept expecting her to haul off and smack someone, but she always handled it most graciously. One summer, however, she was working at her dad's office, and some lady made a comment about her looking just like John. Lex just stared at her for a moment, mouth gaping, then finally came back with "Obviously, you have never met my mother."

Well, she may look just like me, but there's no doubt who she gets her sense of style from!

6 comments:

lexlane said...

Well, I never!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

You're both beautiful!
Becky

Hill Country Hippie said...

Who - me and Lex, or me and my husband? Just so you know, that was a special favor for a friend's 50th birthday, and not something he did on a regular basis. Though...there is that time he went as a ballerina in a tutu on Halloween, and then the other time when...

Teri H said...

What a beautiful picture of you and your daughter!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Good ol' Glamour Shot in the mall. Are they even still around?

WomenBloom said...

Your daughter could do a LOT worse it looks like to me than look like you. But it's hard to be told you look like someone else, especially your Mom, when you want to be yourself dang it!

:) Allison