Saturday, August 30, 2008

BEAM US UP, SCOTTIE!



Greetings sports fans! Just wanted to let you know that hubby and I are off in San Diego, visiting our baby girl. Just to make you Texans jealous, let me point out that the highs here are only in the low 70's right now, and it dips down in the 50's at night. We went to the Star Trek exhibit today at the Air & Space museum in Balboa Park (I'm the lone sane person in a family full of geeks - ALWAYS outvoted!), and we now have pictures of ourselves on the bridge of the Enterprise, and also one that shows us being beamed up, if you wiggle it back and forth. Maybe I'll share those with you when I get home. Well, TTFN. Here's hoping Gustav doesn't prevent us from flying into Houston on Tuesday!

3 comments:

Teri H said...

Perfect weather!! Enjoy!

Polly said...

San Diego is the perfect place to be during the hot summer months. We were out there 4 years ago July when my Marine son graduated from MCRD. Temps during the day were in the mid 70s.

Polly

Hill Country Hippie said...

Yep, I could sure get used to this weather. But then, if I did, I might start taking it for granted. I wouldn't be near as giddy about it if I hadn't been coming from weeks of triple digit temps!