Saturday, July 19, 2008

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!






I want a cistern. In fact, I need a cistern. Just a few months after we bought this place, the Hill Country entered a two year drought. In typical fashion, we came out of it just long enough for my visiting siblings to almost get swept away in a flood last summer (sure wish we'd had one then), and we went straight back into drought mode. According to the papers, this area is now pretty much at its driest level in recorded history, with the San Marcos and Comal rivers being so dry that endangered species are being threatened. They say our only hope is for a hurricane off the gulf coast to bring us some rain. Can you believe it, after all our time spent in Indonesia and Houston, dodging that very thing, we are now reduced to hoping for one? How very sad.

2 comments:

Eveline Maedel said...

hmmm...here I am griping because it rains practically every day this summer, and there you are desperately needing rain - I'd send you some of ours if I could!

Hill Country Hippie said...

C'est la vie!