Friday, June 6, 2008

A REAL LIFE ADVENTURER

I watched Under the Tuscan Sun on TV again this week, and had to laugh at how little the story resembles the actual book. They make Frances out to be fresh off of a nasty divorce, jobless, childless, unable to speak Italian... None of that was true. In real life she had a fairly good support system going for her. She had already met and married the "Ed" character that shows up at the end of the movie, both were fluent in Italian, and both kept their day-jobs as college professors in California, only staying at Bramasole in summers and at Christmas. Still, it was quite an adventure.

I stumbled upon someone recently who is embarking on a similar adventure as we speak, only she is flying without a net. The exciting news is that she's taking me along for the ride! I'm sure you would be welcomed too, if you ran over to her blog Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien (http://noregretsforme.blogspot.com/). She has already left her lucrative corporate job, vacated home and held garage sale, shipped and stored belongings, and purchased a charming old house in France. She is going boldly forward, to live the life she dreamed. Right now, she is in the process of saying her good-byes, so if you hurry, you should be just in time to join us on this adventure!

2 comments:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Hi Hill Country Hippie,
I met je ne regrette rien through the blog world and she's something else...and so are her blog friends.
And because of her, I met you! That's what I love so much about blogging--connecting with cool folks!

Thanks for your comment at my blog home! And I must see that watermelon water tower. I LOVE stuff like that.

It is interesting how movies do change the whole idea of a book. I so enjoyed Under the Tuscan Sun, and I liked the movie too. But they are definitely two different things!

It's great to meet you, Hill Country Hippie!
Becky

Hill Country Hippie said...

Same to you! By the way, my name is actually Becky as well. I'll see if I can't round up a picture of that water tower for you.