Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A QUESTION FOR YOU

Not long ago I picked up a wonderful book called The Art of Travel with a Sketchbook, by Mari le Glatin Keis. The thing that interested me most was when the author claimed that this habit would force you to travel differently, enabling you to be in the moment more completely and see things through different eyes. That's something that's important to me - being fully in the moment, rather than distracted by all the hustle and bustle around me.

A couple of days ago, while visiting midlifebloggers.com, I came across a wonderful posting by Candalaria Silva of Good & Plenty, called Living Deliberately. It listed all the things she has done to transform her life and become more mindful, since the fortunate day when she was let go from her job.

Just yesterday Molly, of the famed foodie blog Orangette, and who is guest posting this week at Everyday Polaroid, said "I think thats the reason why I take pictures: to see my everyday life from another angle, as something more graceful and intentional than it often feels."

So my question is, what do you do to live more intentionally, more mindfully, more deliberately? How do you stay in the moment, instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about what's to come. And how has it affected your life?

No comments: