Tuesday, January 14, 2020

SEVEN DAYS OF SQUEEDUNK: DAY 5

I knew there was going to be a conflict on Day 5 of Hubby's week-long birthday celebration.

At Gold Dust Boutique

For Christmas, in my further efforts to shop small and local, and to choose experiences over stuff, I gave both my girls a stack-pack of little boxes, each one containing a small gift certificate to one of their favorite shops here in Wimberley, along with a card explaining that my gift to them was a Lady's Day Out, starting with lunch at The Leaning Pear, then going to each of these shops to spend their certificates. Since the day they chose happened to be Day 5 of Hubby's celebration, we secretly arranged for son Austin to accompany his wife down to Wimberley. John's card that day announced that it was Have Fun With Your Son Day, and included a gift card to their favorite local brewery. They also had lunch at Creekside Cookers, then came back to the house to play with the new VR set that John thought our son was just loaning him, but which ended up being a gift! I don't think he missed my participation that day one iota.


We gals had a pretty great day as well!




They both agreed, though for different reasons (Lex is a tea lover, and Areej is a scientist who is very picky about what goes into her face and body products) that The Herb Room was definitely their favorite shop.

But, then we ended up at The Wooden Spoon, our frozen yogurt shop, and that may have changed their minds. One of the flavor options that day was sea salt caramel, to which I added Butterfinger and Reeses bits. I'm still moaning at the thought of it!

 

No comments: