Friday, August 31, 2018

FLASHBACK: THE BRAVEST THING I EVER DID


Right around the same time that I started my "Year of Reading Dangerously", I began something else rather brave, even epic, for me. I started drawing. And, I actually showed it to people! I know most of you think I have always been an "artsy" person, but that just isn't true, and you are about to see visual proof of that -- the very first page of what was to become my very first art journal. I just didn't know it at the time.


They say every journey starts with taking that first little step, and that post is living proof! Illustrating that one little to-do list, and being brave enough to share it here on this blog, caught the attention of high school Debbie and led her to tell me about some art journaling classes she'd been taking on line. Who knew such a thing even existed? Which then led me to Art Journaling magazine. When a whole pile of those illustrated to-do lists had mounted up, I finally realized I had created an art journal of sorts, and the positive feedback I had received from all of you, combined with the things I was learning in my year of reading dangerously, finally gave me the guts I needed to submit them to Art Journaling magazine, where one of them ended up being published. And, well, things just blossomed from there!






No comments: