Monday, August 13, 2018

COLOR-MAD FRIDA: TAKE TWO

Well, I thought I'd be done with Frida by now, but more quality Goober-time means less quality creative-time. It's a trade-off I'm more than happy to make, however!

The hand-painted background on Frida I took about five seconds...


while the torn-and-pasted background on Frida II felt like it took five years.


Since I only have room on my little art table for one crate of paper scraps at a time, I'm working my way through the project one color at a time. First the blues, then the greens and yellows.

Painted Bird I
Collaged Bird I
Painted Bird II
Collaged Bird II
Now all that's left is to fill in her dress and flower, as I've decided to leave all the black and flesh-tones painted. For now I must put it all away, 'cause, guess who's coming over to play?!!
 

No comments: