Friday, March 23, 2018

THE THINGS WE DO FOR OUR GRANDKIDS

Yesterday was Goober Day, when we usually hang out with the boy at his house. At one point he came over to me, dragging his favorite red blanket and saying his version of the word "tunnel". So I tried draping it over the gap between the two sofas, as we did last time. All I got was his pouty face in return.



He tore the tunnel down and dragged the blanket over to the dining room. So I draped it over one end of the dining room table. Again with the pouty face! Eventually I realized that he wanted a full blown table fort like his mama makes for him, so I got the colorful sheet she uses and draped it over the other end. Finally, a bit of a smile.


But, was it enough that his puppydog Izzy joined him in there, and his mama poked her head in to say hello? Nooooo, he thought Mima should be in there too!


In fact, it wasn't until I was completely inside the fort, being licked to death by his puppy, that I finally got a full-blown smile out of him.





It was sooooo worth it!


No comments: