Wednesday, February 14, 2018

THE VALENTINE MYSTERY AT CYPRESS CREEK CAFE

Valentine's Day always makes me think of Miss Bobby now -- the little old lady we used to see holding court in her special booth, every time we had breakfast at Cypress Creek Cafe -- and our best Valentine's escapade ever. You can read all about it here.

I feel kinda bad now, that she went to her grave without ever solving that mystery. On the other hand, I'm awfully glad she didn't live to see what happened to her beloved cafe after a recent kitchen fire. I'm pretty sure it would have broken her heart.




It's under new ownership now, coming back into a family that owned it many years ago. The fire debris has been cleared away, and all that remains is the original stone facade. Not sure what the new owners' plans are, but I'm really, really hoping for a good breakfast menu and a cozy booth where I can hold court each morning -- maybe even a windowsill in my booth that I can decorate according to the seasons, just like Miss Bobby always did.

No comments: