Friday, February 16, 2018

CHOO-CHOO!

I got a call from our daughter this week, saying "I think it's time to pull out the box of Brio stuff." Apparently they let little Goober watch a few episodes of Thomas the Train and, just like that, he's caught the infamous train bug, and runs around the house yelling "Choo-Choo!"

The next day she called to say they were headed our way for a visit, so I scurried up to the attic to grab the train box. Only then did I discover that, although we have plenty of track, we have almost no "train" at all -- just two tiny flat cars, with no engine or caboose. Tragic! So, I suggested we all have lunch at The Leaning Pear, then head to our wonderful new toy store that recently went in next to them. We hit the jackpot, for they had one of those great little Melissa & Doug play rugs with a train theme, which actually came with a set of train cars which were Brio-track-compatible. Woo-hoo!


I also dug through my book stash and found, not only The Polar Express, but also a great little book called Steam Train, Dream Train, that I didn't even remember having!


Usually, when here, our Goobs hops from one activity to the next, never spending too long on any one thing. But not this time. This time he was focused. In fact, he loved it so, so much that Hubby insisted that he take the new trains and rug home to his house.

So now we're back to having tracks, no train. But, no worry. In the time it took me to text my BFF, saying "He probably sent them home with Calvin so he'd have an excuse to do some online shopping.", that man of mine had already been to the computer and placed orders for "a few little things"!  Well, we all know what that means, right?

Oh, by the way. One funny thing we discovered, while pulling out the track pieces, was that some of them had writing on them. When pieced together, it said this:


Do you think my son was trying to hint that he needed more train stuff? 

Obviously, I never got the message!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute. I have legos, knex and books. Waiting for a little goober of our own, someday, maybe?

xox

Hill Country Hippie said...

Who knew it could be this much fun?