Monday, December 11, 2017

NIGHT SHOTS AT THE PEARL

Hubby and I had a fun little adventure Friday night. He has a group in Austin that he meets up with periodically for photo walks, and this month they decided to do a night walk at the Pearl Brewery complex in San Antonio. Knowing how much I love San Antonio at Christmas time, he invited me to tag along, and we booked a room for the night. Not, however, at the amazing Hotel Emma, there in the complex. It's just a tad pricey. First stop upon arrival? Mi Tierra cafe, in El Mercado, for a cup of their delicious Mexican hot chocolate, to warm us up. (It's not on the menu. Just ask for it.)


Now, I'm sure that all the professional photographers got some amazing shots, considering all the equipment and tripods they were lugging around. But since all I had was my little point and shoot, and John didn't show me how to set it for hand-held night photos until the end of the evening, well, mine weren't so great. Nevertheless, I still had a lot of fun just soaking up the sights and sounds.



A Close-Up of the Tree Above

We made our own tapas-style dinner off of the appetizer menu at The Boiler House.  The cheese and charcuterie platter was good...


but the Buffalo Meatballs and the House Chicharones & Hot Sauce were moan-inducing!


The next morning, after checking out of our hotel, I assumed we would go to our usual Mexican place or Guenther House for breakfast. But, just for the fun of it, hubby used his phone to see what all was in the area, and discovered this -- La Boulangerie

Love these cups that keep your knuckles away from the hot cup. We had our choice of dark or sweet hot chocolate. I think the dark is probably better for dipping something sweet into.


The $14 combo included coffee or tea, yogurt with fruit and granola, orange juice, toasted baguette with honey, butter or jam, and your choice of pastry (he chose a chocolate croissant).
Croque Monsieur
Picture me desperately trying to think of any excuse to return to San Antonio in the very near future!
 

No comments: