Monday, August 28, 2017

CHARMED BY CHARLAINE

You might be familiar with author Charlaine Harris thanks to her Sookie Stackhouse mysteries, which inspired the popular TV series True Blood. I had no idea, though, that she also wrote the mystery series behind the Aurora Teagarden movies I've been watching on the Hallmark Channel. Then, a week or two ago, Hubby came home with this...



the first book in a series that has spawned yet another TV show -- this time on NBC -- called Midnight, Texas.  Now, Hubby and I rarely read any of the same books. He was shocked to death when he found me reading Ready Player One, and really liking it. I'm the one that recommended Station Eleven to him. And we both fell in love with Fuzzy Nation, narrated by Will Wheaton, when brother-in-law Bud loaned us the audio-book to listen to on our way home from Dallas. But, as I said, that's pretty rare. So I was fairly shocked when, after finishing this one, he handed it to me saying "You'll probably want to read this." Unfortunately, I had a big ol' stack of library books that needed to be got through first!

Well, we had already missed the first couple of episodes in the TV series, but Hubby was able to order them On Demand and, not having anything better to do while we were housebound yesterday, we decided to pop up some popcorn, snuggle up on the sofa, and binge-watch some Midnight, Texas.

This morning, before the sun was even up, I had grabbed that paperback and started reading, library books be damned!

2 comments:

tabby1249 said...

I found Charlaine Harris when my daughters recommended the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire mystery series. I'm sure you know about the HBO series True Blood that was based on that series. Please don't think the books, 13 in all, are like the TV show. The books are infinitely better. Ms. Harris is one of my favorite authors.

Hill Country Hippie said...

I agree! Read and liked several of the books but never could get into the series. Not very far into this first new book, but already wondering why the TV series felt the need to change so many things.