Friday, October 21, 2016

SHOP-IN-A-BOX: PROGRESS!

Well, I decided to let Stitch Fix take another stab at becoming my fashion soul mate last week. The first time I gave them free reign, but this time I got a little more specific. I told them I could really use a lightweight, waterproof jacket for travel -- one which wouldn't take up too much space in my suitcase -- and that I'd love a Frenchy top and scarf combo.

When I opened the box, I was simply delighted with what I found.


Still, there were some issues. First of all, skinny jeans again? Seriously?? Well, at least I could get these on and zipped, but that did not prevent them from making my legs look like chicken drumsticks. So, no. Just. NO!


The cargo jacket was pretty cute, and would look great over either top, but, as with the little sundress they sent me last time, the waistline sat more at "empire" level instead of my natural waistline.  Don't know if these are "Junior" sizes, or if it's just my long torso and larger-than-average chest, but that was another "NO!" (Plus I'm fairly certain it wasn't water resistant either, which would kinda defeat the use I had in mind for it.)


The third problem was that, cute as it was, the little French sailor top was kind of spandexy, and really hugged all of my curves and bulges. I look so much better in tops that are, not big and flowy, but which just sorta skim my curves.

You'll be happy to know, however, that I did actually keep two things this time -- the slouchy grey-green sweater, and the beautifully soft-but-not-itchy scarf, so we're makin' progress!


And, now that they are helping me define just what I want and don't want, I'm thinking I might be able to go out and find the perfect jacket all on my own. 

Now, if only I had bought one of those cute French sailor tops when we were actually in Marseilles!

 

No comments: