Tuesday, March 15, 2016

AACCK! & WHEEE!

Earlier today I went out in the early morning fog to do some walking up and down our driveway, and I'm pret-ty sure I just had my very first close encounter with a pack of wild hogs! Most mornings I hear rustling in the trees right behind our house, but it's usually deer who pause for a bit to stare at me, then go right back to what they were doing. So, when I heard rustling this morning, I didn't think much about it. However, when I got a bit closer, I suddenly heard a very deep grunt that sounded nothing like a deer. Next thing I knew a string of dark shapes went racing past me through the trees -- shapes that were much to low and squatty to be deer. AACCK! Never knew I could run backwards without tripping.

In other big news, Outdoor Woman just became a grandma! And, what better way to celebrate than with a toast at our first Sunday-Afternoon-At-The-Vineyard meetup of the season?


Guess it's time for another Grandma Book Shower. And then, in just about 10 weeks, it will be my turn to be the new grandma. WHEEE!

No comments: