Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I SPY...SPRING?

My asparagus thinks it's spring.


My agarita thinks it's spring.


My Mexican Buckeye thinks it's spring.


My Texas Mountain Laurel thinks it's spring.


My peach tree thinks it's spring.


My Coral Honeysuckle thinks it's spring.


This little chenille plant thinks it's spring too.


Why, even my hubby thinks it's spring, judging by the number of trips he's made to the nursery lately! And these succulents here? The ones that should have died after our first freeze? Why, they're the craziest of them all, cuz they still think it's fall!


Why, oh why, don't they ever remember that our average last freeze date is still a month away? And, if I know Mother Nature, she's sure to send one last cold snap, just to remind them who's boss!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh nice. I will have to watch the wild asparagus at the beach, might even snip some this year. But not for a while yet. xox

Hill Country Hippie said...

Lucky you! I always hear about people who grew up with wild asparagus growing beside the road, but have never come across it myself.