Thursday, July 16, 2015

EUPHORIA

Have you read this book?


I'm just now getting around to it, even though it came out in 2014 and won all kinds of awards. If you loved State of Wonder by Ann Patchett, or Barbara Kingsolver's The Poisonwood Bible, you will surely love this. It is loosely based on events in the life of anthropologist Margaret Mead, whose book about the sex lives of Samoan adolescents is said to have spawned the sexual revolution of the 60's. Anywho, I'm 3/4 of the way through, and really loving it so far, although I fear it's about to take a turn towards the dark side. Definitely makes me want to learn more about Margaret Mead, and to read some of her books.

The title of this book, along with a quiz entitled "What % Hippie Are You?", which was going around on Facebook this week, got me to thinkin' about this little story by the same name. I wrote it way back in my early blogging days, and it explains how I ended up being that rarest of things -- a Hippie who never drank, smoked, or used drugs.

No comments: