Tuesday, May 5, 2015

SHE TOOK ME AT MY WORD

A while back I shared an article on Facebook touting "experiences" over "stuff", and left a comment telling my kids to take note. Well, I guess Miss Alexis took me at my word, 'cause you'll never guess what she has planned for us on Mother's Day. This! Alamo Drafthouse's Mama Mia Brunch! We get to enjoy a "sing-along" viewing of Mama Mia, whilst being served a gourmet Greek repast. Does it get any better than that?


We thought about getting son Austin to join us, then doubled over giggling at the lunacy of that idea. Mr. Austin has long made clear his less than favorable opinion of ABBA's music. And, to be trapped in theater full of older women who were singing and gyrating to said music? Well, that would be a fate worse than death for my poor son!

As for me, I'm thinking it's time to pop my Mamma Mia soundtrack into the player -- stretch my vocal chords a bit in preparation. It's been way too long!

Mama Mia, here I go again...

No comments: