Friday, May 1, 2015

ONE THING I LOVE



Know what I love? Coneflowers!

It won't be long now!
When we first got the Cantina Garden installed and planted, I ended up with one bed leftover and not much to go in it. So, I just grabbed a packet of native wildflower seeds from Wildseed Farm in Fredericksburg, scattered those over the bed, and let it go at that. That first year it was chock full of flowers, but each year fewer and fewer came back. Except for the coneflowers, which just got bigger and better every year.


Last year I splurged and added a few fancy hybrids into the mix.


Will they be as hearty and prolific as their native brethren? Only time will tell.

Meanwhile...


I'm having oodles of fun playing with this darling coneflower stencil and stamp set, which I picked up at Crafty Scrappers in Waxahachie last week, for only five or six bucks!

Coneflowers...


Gotta love 'em!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice coneflowers on your art and in the garden. Love them too. xox