Saturday, December 6, 2014

BIRTHDAYS, MUSE-STYLE


Several years ago one of our group of Muses decided she wanted to spend the day in San Antonio on her birthday, and that she wanted us to come along. We had a marvelous day filled with food, fun, galleries and shopping! In fact, we had sooooo much fun that we've fallen into the habit of asking each birthday girl where she wants to go for her birthday "adventure". It works pretty well, until we get to Outdoor Woman each year, whose birthday falls right in the middle of all the holiday hoo-haa, when plans always seem to fall apart on us. This year, however, she came up with an absolutely brilliant idea. Who can pass up a trip to Trader Joe's during the holidays, right? Not I!

Those two bags are just Fiber Woman's stuff. Outdoor Woman and I had already filled the back of the jeep with our stuff!
Of course, after working our way through all that foodie goodness, we were absolutely starving! So we headed straight for Torchy's Tacos for a three course lunch. First course, some of the best queso I've ever had. Main course was fish tacos for all -- blackened salmon for me, and ahi tuna for the others. For dessert we each had a little nookie. (Can I help it if that's what they call their little fried cookies?)

As we were heading home, O.W. said "Since we're going right by it, would you gals mind if we made a quick stop at Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center? Barbara Attwell has an exhibit up in their gallery that I've been dying to see before it leaves." I had no idea what a treat was in store for me. Plus, thanks to Dear Hubby's purchase of a family membership to the Wildflower Center, I got in free!

Have you ever seen anything as amazing as these felted pieces?



Baaaaaahb Marley




The Cliff Swallows of Bull Creek
When we were done drooling over the exhibit, we took Fiber Woman to see the new children's area that had been added since she was there last.


All in all, A Most Excellent Adventure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous felting and a nice decorative cactus. What's not to love? xox

Hill Country Hippie said...

Corrine, I wish you could see the felt exhibit in person. The pieces just blew me away, and my photos really don't do them justice!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous day y'all had! Those felted pieces were awesome. I am resisting the urge to pick up that craft, I'm a crafting junkie!

Hill Country Hippie said...

I know what you mean Donna! I've decided that having my "studio" in the corner of my bedroom is actually a good thing -- it sets limits on the number of art supplies I can accumulate!