Saturday, November 15, 2014

LUCKY STAR DAY THREE

Day three at this hill country haven began with a morning stroll to the stables.


On the way there I passed this house, which seemed like an ordinary family home at first glance, probably housing one of the owners or managers.


Round the corner, and you realize it's not so ordinary after all!


What I wouldn't give to get a glimpse inside! You'll be happy to know, however, I did not go up to the window and press my face to the glass. Even though I really, really wanted to.

I stopped along the way to visit these ladies...


then headed down to the river.


Apparently all their equipment had been hauled to higher ground, due to the flash flood warnings in these parts the previous weekend. Fortunately, that danger was past, and not only did I eventually see some girls in canoes, I heard that the ever-intrepid Mandy Rowden actually went swimming, 'though I don't think she stayed in the water for very long.

After another scrumptious breakfast, I headed to my first class of the day -- How to Write a Story, with Katherine Center, author of Lost Husband and Bright Side of Disaster.


I spent the afternoon up to my elbows in Mixed-Media Alchemy, thanks to Corrine Gilman of Sparkle Days Studios, who is just a hoot 'n a half!


Normally we artists/crafters bring everything but the kitchen sink to a class like this, however we were given strict limits this time. She said we were to bring a mere three colors of paint, some glue, and only one stamp! Ridiculous, right? But then she handed each of us one of the packets she had assembled, each one different, and told us to see what we could do with them. Believe it or not, having less supplies to work with was actually quite liberating! Another great reminder that, when it comes to art, it's usually better to spend more time doing, and less time thinking!

During my evening stroll I came across this...


and this...


and this...


and this...


But the real highlight of the day had to be this...


I mean, seriously! Who would've thunk that Little Miss Keri knew all the lyrics to I Like Big Butts, and had the moves to go with them?
 

3 comments:

LaNell said...

I hope they have it next year! I'm saving my pennies. Susan, sister-in-law is up for too.

Hill Country Hippie said...

They are having it again. In fact, they've already announced the dates, Nov. 4-8. Here is the website, and be sure to sign up for their mailing list. http://luckystarartcamp.com/

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. I like pretty silly in that photo, like an art gangster! Yes, Keri was hilarious. xox