Tuesday, June 10, 2014

AN UNEXPECTED GIFT

The last Circle Journal that I was to contribute to happened to arrive here on the same day that my own journal returned home to me. I'm ashamed to admit that it just got shoved aside while I spent a couple of days reconnecting with my own journal and all the wonderful art that had been added to it along it's journey. When I finally did get back to Miss Janice's journal, I found quite a surprise inside. Prezzies!


It seems she had found some wonderful black & white botanical print fabric at Ikea, which she cut up and turned into bookmarks. She "colored" them in with those wonderful Neocolor II water-soluble wax pastels that we all love so much.


She then tucked them all into the front of her journal, inviting each contributor to keep one as a little thank you gift.


The hard part is choosing which one! Hmmm, wonder if Ikea still has any of that fabric?


This is the beautiful journal they arrived in, which means Janice must have taken a workshop with the amazing Donna Downey. I have one just like it, in green and white polka dots.

Cover Page
Janice's Own Artwork
 Here is the "sign-in" page for all the contributors, with one blank spot left por moi.


Now all I have to do is figure out what to paint in it. I'm thinking...something with...Seasonality!

No comments: