Friday, November 15, 2013

CHANGING OF THE GUARDS

Well, I can't believe it. Today is my last full day as Nurse Becky. Tomorrow I will pass the wand to Nurse Gussie, and head back home to Wimberley. Patient Poodie still can't lie down in bed, but other than that, she's doing OK. Good thing we saved that expensive recliner with chair lift and automated foot lift that we all went together and bought for Mom, but which she never would use.  I knew somebody would need it one of these days! 

The week went by much faster than expected, 'though I couldn't really tell you how on earth we spent it. There was a lot of book reading for sure. Some catch-up blog reading, which sort of fell by the wayside when I took up art. I mean, there are only so many hours in a day, right? I got to browse through a bunch of catalogs that I don't normally see, and I even did a tiny bit of sketching, and some thinking about what should go on my winter to-do list. Other than that, it was just a matter of taking care of life's necessities -- three (very simple) meals a day, and a couple of trips to doctors and to the drug store. I'm convinced the Christmas decorations made all the difference this time -- transforming her little home from gloomy rehab to festive sisters' soiree!

So, not only did Poodie think so far ahead as to finish up her Christmas shopping and get her decorations up before she went into the hospital. She also had thank you prezzies wrapped and ready for all her helpers. Guess what I got?


A gorgeous new sketchbook...


some fun goodies to use in my art journaling...


and a jar of Trader Joe's Cookie Butter! Actually, I'm kinda sorry she ever gave me a taste of her cookie butter. It's sooooo good, but soooooo bad! If you haven't got around to trying it yet, do yourself a favor. DON'T DO IT!

No comments: