Friday, October 25, 2013

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

I was planning to head to the hike and bike trail after lunch the other day but, as I left Inoz', I suddenly got a wild hair to take that hidden nature trail down by the river. It starts behind that little playground that's a couple of doors down from Inoz, and ends up down by the entrance to Blue Hole Park.


You may have to climb over or around a few fallen trees here and there...


and there's a new crop of mosquitoes since this last round of rains...


but I promise, the view will be worth it. You'll never guess who I met as I was finally coming out of the trees. A big buck! Would love to have taken a picture for you, but he didn't seem all that happy to see me, so I opted not to hang around long enough to dig my camera out again. On the way back to my car, I decided to cut through the Wimberley cemetery.


I've been meaning to go in there and wander around a bit ever since we moved here, and finally decided today was the day!


They say all the plots are spoken for now, and there's even a long waiting list, so I guess it's just as well that hubby and I plan to be cremated and scattered over our little hill. I did spot my friend High School Debbie's family plot though. She and her little family came here in the early days, before all the retirees discovered it. Guess what else I found? Our founding family!




 
 I just love old cemeteries, don't you?

No comments: