Saturday, September 21, 2013

WELL BUTTER MY BUNS...

AND CALL ME A BISCUIT!

I've been just dyin' to say that for the longest time, and I figure today has got to be the perfect day. I got the mother of all surprises when I opened my mailbox just now and found this, which I wasn't expecting until the end of the month.


Just in time for me to save and take on our little San Antonio get-away this week, right? I wasn't even going to remove the protective plastic wrapper, but then as I was walking into the house a little thought popped into my head, stopped me in my tracks, then had me ripping the plastic off posthaste.

I thought it would take more time! I thought I would get a heads-up! But no. There it was...


my name, in my very favorite magazine in the universe!

I feel like I've just given birth.

P.S. In case you're trying to find it yourself, I suggest you start at the back of the magazine!

4 comments:

Kathy G said...

Wheweeeee - pretty exciting. I'm so proud of you!!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks Big Sis, I'm proud of me too! Not so much of my art as I am of the fact that I was brave enough to submit anything in the first place! Now all I have to do is complete at least one journal and get the nerve to go through this all again.

Patricia said...

Congratulations!! What a thrill, by the way I love your blog..
Patricia

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks Patricia! And thanks for stopping by. Hope you'll come back soon.