Monday, September 9, 2013

SIMPLE HAPPY

Is there anything better than enjoying an unexpected Hill Country rainstorm from one's favorite perch on the porch?


Well yes, actually, there is! It's knowing that you now have a full 12,500 gallons of water in your rain tank, and that you supplied your whole house with water throughout an entire Texas summer without ever having to purchase any even once. It was a very good summer, by Texas standards.

Know what? It got me to thinkin'. I'm thinking that we (and when I say we, of course, I actually mean my hubby) really need to add a bit of gutter to our little pump house. I'm pretty sure we still have one or two of those old green plastic rain barrels from Smith & Hawken lying around somewhere. If we had them catching the runoff from that one tiny roof, I could then use that to water my two little veggie beds, which happen to by right smack dab next to the pump house. Even better yet would be if they could somehow be attached to soaker hoses that run down the middle of each bed. Yes, "we" really ought to do that, don't you agree?

No comments: