Tuesday, September 24, 2013

MY SUPER SPLURGE



Ever since my sister and I took that Dyan Revealey class together at a shop called Stamp Asylum in Plano, I've been receiving the shop's newsletters via email. I'm pretty well stocked for supplies now, so I don't pay much attention to them, but a recent image of a new paper crafting tablet from Graphic 45 kinda reached out to grab me, despite the fact that I rarely do any paper crafting. I'm more into paint!


Two things on that tiny image jumped out at me:


La Belle Epoque art...


and chalkboard art. Well, make that three things. There were also some words in French!

Now, if there are three things I love, it's La Belle Epoque, chalkboard art, and anything French!  I hopped in my car and ran over to Austin. I searched high and low at both Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's, but couldn't find anything at all from Graphic 45 at either one. It seems they both carry their own lines of rather generic crafting papers. Fortunately, my sweet sister offered to go pick one up for me at the store there in Plano and pop it in the mail. I nearly had a stroke when she told me how much it cost (like I said, I never buy craft paper tablets), especially since I had no idea what I was getting inside that tablet! Would it be worth the money? I'll let you be the judge...



There are all kinds of beautiful papers such as the two above, but what I love most are the pages filled with stuff like this -- just perfect for cutting out and and gluing onto one of my painted backgrounds as a focal point, or in place of hand-written words.






 Is there a happy dance going on in the Wee Little Studio today? You bet your sweet bippy!
  

2 comments:

LaNell said...

What about Archivers? I always found Graphic 45 at their store. I think they have one south of Austin.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Well, they DID have an Archivers in S. Austin. Unfortunately, they shut it down a few months ago, shortly after the new JoAnn's went in right next to it. I really miss it!