Sunday, July 21, 2013

MY WILD GIRLS CIRCLE JOURNAL

Have you ever heard of a Circle Journal? I hadn't, until just recently, but as soon as one of my Wild Summer Art classmates explained the concept and asked for volunteers, I jumped right on board! A Circle Journal is something like a Round Robin quilt, which goes from house to house, with each person contributing to the final product. In our case there will be fifteen participants, and the first step was for each of us to choose or make a journal to use.


I opted to use this handmade journal, which a dear new friend gifted me with not long ago. We're calling it a Wild Girls Circle Journal, and since I'd been using this one for some of my Wild Summer Art projects, it already had the perfect title on its cover!


The hardest part will be letting go of it for almost a year, which is how long it will take for the journal to make its rounds and come back to me. Before I send it off to the person whose name follows mine on The List, there are a few things I must do...


such as creating a title page for the inside cover...


and creating at least one double page spread of my own in it. After that it will work its way around the list, with each person adding their own spread -- no set theme or style, just whatever they feel like creating at the time. Meanwhile, fourteen different journals will be showing up at my house, one approximately every three weeks, and I will be adding a bit of my own art journaling to each of those. I bet I'll make a lot of new friends in the process, as we have set up a special facebook page where we can communicate with one another during these fun-filled months, and post pictures of the work we are adding to the journals.

Just one or two things left to do here, before I send this baby out into the world. Each journal needs a sign-in page of sorts. I've opted for a sign-in pocket to go inside the back cover, which each artist can stick a decorated tag into.



Just have to figure out which pic and what info I want to include on the back of this tag, then it's Arrivederci, Baby!

1 comment:

LaNell said...

What a fun idea! It willl be an added special memory of your class and summer. Sure would love to follow that FB group.
Enjoy!