Saturday, June 22, 2013

A SEMI-FUNNY STORY

 
So. Yesterday, I run down to the hospital cafeteria to get a soda. Shortly after I return to Hubby's room, our cute little Infectious Disease doc elbows the door open, clad in his haz-mat gown, gloved hands held aloft. He turns to me and says "I need to take a look at that wound, and I'm going to need your assistance. Well, I'm your proverbial deer in the headlights -- frozen in horror and unable to even squeak out a reply, though my brain is screaming "Oh-HAIL-No!"

A few seconds later, both Hubby and the doc burst into guffaws. Turns out the doc had actually been in to see my hubby while I was downstairs, and John must have told him about my freaking out at the sight of the wound (from all the way across the room!) yesterday. When he passed me in the hallway, on my way back to the room, he just couldn't resist coming back for a wee bit of mischief. Ha. Ha. Very funny, guys. Not! You're lucky I didn't leave a puddle on the floor.

Know what does put a smile on my face? My crazy coneflower collection!



I planted every variety I could find this fall, and they are finally coming into bloom.


There're a couple more that haven't bloomed yet, and I can't wait to see what they look like. I was thinking there was an orange one in there somewhere.


They are planted all around this fun lantana.



I'm thinking I should move some of this fuchsia yarrow over there as well.


Can't wait for everything to spread out and fill the bed to overflowing!  Know what else makes me smile? These guys!


They demolished my fennel in the blink of an eye, and yet, they make me laugh!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They look like the black swallowtail caterpillars I had on my dill. They turn into a beautiful butterfly. I'm hosting three Queen's (like a Monarch but different) at my house while Butterfly Woman is away. One was birthed this morning. See my facebook page for photo.