Wednesday, May 22, 2013

OH HEAVENLY DAY!

It dropped down to 59F last night, and this is the coolest our house has felt in over a week! Of course, it will probably be back up into the nineties in just a few hours but, for now, it feels absolutely delicious! We finally got an estimate from the A.C. guy. It would cost almost a thousand dollars to replace the part that he "thinks" is causing our problem. Since we spent almost that much on this unit just a few months ago when something else went wrong, and since it's probably 16 or 17 years old now, we've decided it's probably time to just bite the bullet and replace the unit altogether.  They say they "might" be able to get to that by the end of this week but, then again, it could be the early part of next week. Sheeeeeeesh!


Speaking of heavenly days, what fun we had yesterday with our Discovery Station play day!


We had one station set up for creating monoprints on my Gelli plate...


and one for trying your hand at a bit of stamp-carving.


There was the Spray & Play station, for experimenting with Dylusions ink sprays, stencils, and Dyan Reaveley's ghosting technique.


Plus we had stations for playing with rubber stamps and Gelatos (the paint sticks, not the ice cream), and for doing a bit of kitchen parchment collage work. I was blown away by the amount of art that a mere four women could create in just a couple of hours...

Love, love, love our Spirit Woman's labyrinth stamp!
but not the least bit surprised by the size of our mess.


Nor am I surprised that the mess is still there, 24 hours later. When we came back from our taco lunch at Mima's, my sister and I found ourselves being drawn back to the table, to do a bit more puttering. The same thing happened after dinner, and we were still there at bedtime. Will everything get cleaned up and put away today? I guess that remains to be seen.

Outdoor Woman has volunteered to host next month's Artsy Play Day and, knowing my friend, I'm guessing it will take place out of doors!

3 comments:

LaNell said...

Hi, I happened upon your blog. I am a native Texan who has been in Ky for 30 years. Have been scrap booking and making cards for the last 11 years. Recently started art journaling. Love all of the Ranger products, anything TimHoltz and Dyan Reavley. We are in the process of selling our home here and move to Wimberley, Tx area. I have such wonderful artist friends here I will miss. This blog gives me lots of hope to be able to connect with artists after I get settled. Looking forward to exploring and following your blog.

Hill Country Hippie said...

LaNell, I'm so glad you stopped by! Hubby and I both went to UT, fell in love with the Hill Country, and spent the next 30 years trying to get back here. Finally made it once both kids were out of school. Like you, one of our favorite foodie couples used to live in California, but knew they were going to retire in Wimberley in a few years, so went scouting for blogs about the area and found mine. We became friends online first, then finally got to be friends in person. If you ever have any questions about the area, feel free to ask!

LaNell said...

Thank you. My brother and sister in law live there and we were there for thanksgiving. Been visiting them for about 6 years now and I decided I want to spend my retirement years there. Been retired 5 years now. Ready for warmer winters. It really is a beautiful place.hoping my home here moves quickly. I will enjoy you blog.