Monday, February 25, 2013

TODAY'S THE DAY

It's the day for the big test -- the one that will allow them to get a closer look at John's heart, and the pacemaker leads that are running down into it. Hopefully, it will also be a day for getting some answers, though I'm not really certain which one I should be rooting for. Do I want them to find that the staph infection is definitely attached to those pacemaker wires, and run the risk of needing to have the whole thing ripped out? Or would it be better to find that his heart is perfectly clear, but run the risk of not being able to eradicate the infection because they can't locate the source?

Ah well, perhaps that's a choice best left to a higher power. I think instead I shall just pray that, whatever the result, they are able to bring my hubby back to a state of health where he can finally begin to enjoy life again. It's time to get this Winter of Discontent behind us!

1 comment: