Sunday, February 24, 2013

TIME MOVES TOO SLOW...

for those who are stuck in the hospital over the weekend! We're kind of on hold until they can do that special echocardiogram on Monday. They have John on two antibiotics at once now -- one drip, and one by mouth which seems to work better on the bacteria that have become attached to something metal. Hubby is slowly gaining back some strength and a bit of appetite, but they are a tad concerned about his liver function numbers, and are running a few tests to see what's up there. Remember friends, just because a drug like, say, Tylenol, is OTC, does NOT mean that you can use it indiscriminately!

The good thing about being in the hospital on the weekend is being able to park right near the entrance instead of on the roof of the parking garage, and actually getting a table to myself in the cafeteria. As you know, I'm an introvert, and not one for making idle chit-chat with strangers. When I dine alone, I always head for a quiet corner and pull out a crossword puzzle so people won't try to converse with me.  So, the other day the cafeteria was jam packed, but there were two tables off in an alcove by themselves -- one empty, and one filled with housekeeping staff. I took the corner seat on the booth side of the empty table. Next thing I knew a bunch more from housekeeping had arrived, mostly men, and after giving me a few strange looks, proceeded to crowd around MY table, even pulling up extra chairs. I was completely blocked in until they had all finished eating. Awk-ward! Well, how was I to know that was their special spot?!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holding you and John in my thoughts and prayers!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks Deborah. I really miss our Tuesdays together. Hopefully we can get back in the groove soon!