Sunday, February 10, 2013

MY SPECIAL WEATHER-CONTROLLING POWERS


It's been awfully warm for early February, here in central Texas. Most days have reached into the 70's, a few even creeping up into the 80's. Some folks are quite happy about that, but not me. I know that once we welcome spring, it's only a matter of weeks before we also welcome mosquitoes, wasps, snakes, scorpions, drought, and searing heat. I'm just not ready for that. In fact, I can't stop thinking about those weeks when our heater was on the blink, and my hubby and I spent most of our time curled up with good books in front of a cozy fire.

After spending a lifetime here, I've learned a thing or two about Texas weather. And, since I wasn't really ready for spring to settle in for good, I knew there was only one thing left to do. I went out and bought a bunch of spring plants.


According to this morning's weather report, we can expect freezing temps by Wednesday.

P.S. If I want it to rain, all I have to do is go waste a bunch of time and money having my crazy-curly hair blown out smooth and straight.

No comments: