Tuesday, January 1, 2013

WILD CHILD: YOU CAN'T JUDGE A BOOK...

'Though he has always appeared ultra-conservative on the outside, my hubby is actually the wildest guy I ever went out with. That boy-next-door look was quite intentional. It was so much easier to fly under the radar that way.


That guy on the far right with dark, shoulder-length hair and mutton chop sideburns -- my best buddy throughout college, and one of the ushers at our wedding -- was just the opposite. My folks were so grateful that I fell for John instead of "that hippy fellow that ruined your wedding photos." It just tickled me no end, knowing that RB was a total choir boy compared to my John, and that they'd be turning in their graves if they knew the truth.

Hubby always used to tease me by swearing that, as soon as he retired, he was going to grow one of those long, scraggly, bald-headed-guy ponytails, and get some piercings. He must've forgot about that promise, but I guess Santa never did, because John somehow ended up with a gift certificate to Claire's in his stocking this year.  Guess what he did with it?





At last -- the truth comes out!

4 comments:

Teri H said...

LOL! So awesome! I love it!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Hi Teri! Just spent some time catching up on your blog posts yesterday -- got waaaay behind while John was in the hospital. Can't wait to see where you guys end up next!

Marguerite said...

LAW! He is a wild and crazy one! Got my ears pierced as a small child by a doctor. Not sure I would be brave enough to do it now. Happy New Year, ya'll!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Ha! You don't hear people say "Law" in that way much anymore. My mom used to say "law-zie" when she really wanted to emphasize it!