Monday, January 14, 2013

COLOR MAD MONDAY + POODIE'S RE-DO

 
In addition to the gorgeous "coat of many colors" that I already told you about, Santa also brought me this luscious hunk of color-madness. He cracks me up every time I look at him, because he always reminds me of The Bloggess, and the funniest story I ever read on a blog -- about the six-foot metal chicken that showed up on her doorstep one day.


I'm ever so glad that my chicken in not six feet tall. If he were, he would not fit nearly so well in that cute little green chair that's in the crazy-color-corner of my kitchen -- where he quite enjoys the company of the cute little robot painting my daughter gave me (they have such interesting conversations!), ...


who hangs next to the crazy robot clock my hubby gave me for my birthday last year, ...


my little toothpick paintings that I used to pick up on Coronado Island each time we visited Lex in San Diego, ...


and this wonderful ink drawing done by my friend Fiber Woman.  I just love art that depicts ordinary women doing ordinary things, in a unique and interesting way.


I call this my Happy Corner.


Meanwhile, back at my sister's Seventies-Condo-Redo...


the cabinets are finally in!


Which means things should be zipping along at a much faster pace from here on out. Stay tuned!


No comments: