Monday, December 17, 2012

DRAWING NAMES: GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS

Well, I had planned to have, not only a fun new Artsy Ornament to share with you this morning, but also photos of the fabulous dinner I was planning to prepare yesterday (one that has to cook for several hours). But then Hubby invited me to go "adventuring" with him in Austin first thing yesterday morning. What's a girl to do? I, of course, opted for adventure!

A "Fiesta" travel cup and shopping totes, all in my favorite colors!
Meanwhile, it just occurred to me that I never showed you the rest of my Christmas gift from sister Gus. You see, a few years back we finally made the decision to pare down our Thomas Family Christmas Celebration a bit, and started drawing names. The good news is that now, instead of making yourself crazy in search of 15 or 20 It'll-Do-Gifts, you have all year to concentrate your time and effort on one special Over-The-Moon-Gift. The bad news is that, we now have all year to concentrate on one special gift, and some people, it would seem, have trouble knowing when to say "enough is enough!" She says it's my fault, because everywhere she looked, she saw stuff that she was certain would make me positively giddy. She had only intended to buy a few tiny things to tuck into the pockets of that wonderful Origami Tote Bag that she made for me. Instead, I got this:


and these...


and amazing absorbing thingies that can each take the place of a whole role of paper towels...


and all of these really cool "green" food wrap alternatives...


and best of all, a kit for making my very own cheese!


Hmmm, maybe she's right. There does seem to be an awful lot of stuff that makes me giddy!

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

Wow - I got to be the subject of your blog twice! I feel like a celebrity!!