Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A WEE BIT OF BLISS

Hubby gave me a couple of Christmas cacti last holiday season, and they bloomed like crazy for a while, but after that I wasn't sure quite what to do with them. They are not very attractive when not in bloom, and I didn't see the point of giving up space to, nor having to hand water, such an unattractive plant, all year long, in hopes that it might bloom again some day.  Still, I felt guilty just tossing them away. So, instead, I stuck them into the ground down in the Cantina Garden. I didn't figure there was much chance they would bloom again before we had a freeze, but it was better than the compost heap, right? Well, thanks to our unseasonably warm winter thus far, you'll never guess what I spotted in the garden yesterday...


just in time for it to dip down below freezing that very same night.

Still, I don't think I would have done anything differently, had I known. I mean, one day of bliss is one day of bliss, is it not?

No comments: