Wednesday, November 21, 2012

ALMOST TURKEY TIME


I was over at High-School-Debbie's house the other day, and the entire place was decked out for fall. She's the one that should be blogging about "seasonality", not me! I couldn't resist snapping a pic of this little vignette. I never would have thought of adding a clock to a grouping like this, but it was so stinkin' cute! Her mantle had a similar arrangement, with a big red clock and a green ceramic owl. She always goes all out with her seasonal decorations. Me? I'm just happy that I figured out how to seat ten people in my dining room.


Our dining room table doesn't expand, so I dismantled my "nest" at one end of the room, and added a card table to the end of the larger one. Later, as I was staring at all the tablecloths in my coat closet, trying to find two that would blend ok (I don't have one long enough to cover both tables at once), I suddenly remembered that last year I had stumbled across a little round cloth at the thrift store, for only a dollar or two, that was made out of the exact same fabric as my favorite fall cloth. I had been thinking about making throw pillows out of it or something. Thank goodness I didn't!

Now all I have to do is figure out where to stash all the furniture and stuff that I had to move out of the dining room in order to make this work. I have a feeling it's going to be a "Don't open the bedroom door, whatever you do!" kind of day tomorrow.

No comments: