Wednesday, October 10, 2012

GOOD TO KNOW: SURGICAL ERUPTIONS


Well, we've got our baby girl here with us now, snuggled up in her favorite spot. No, I don't have my Christmas decorations up yet. I'm recycling a picture from last Christmas -- where she is in the exact same spot, on the same sofa, under the same blanket. She really likes that spot. Only difference is, this time she doesn't look quite so perky, and she's got her hunny's hoodie snuggled up to her, 'cause "it smells good." Sheesh.

The surgery (her first) went just fine, other than that she seems to have inherited her momma's propensity for tossing up her toenails after anesthesia. Made for an interesting drive back to Wimberley. Here's a helpful tidbit we picked up from one of the nurses. She asked me if Lex had problems with motion sickness. I told her I wasn't sure if she still did or not, but she had as a child. She then told me that, if she ever needs surgery again, and tells them about that up front, they will put one of those motion sickness patches behind her ear, and it should help with all the heaving and hurling afterwards. Unfortunately, it doesn't do any good to put it on if you are already queasy. Sure wish someone had told me about this, four or five surgeries ago!

No comments: