Saturday, October 13, 2012

GIFTED AWESOMENESS

You won't believe what my precious daughter gave me when I took her home yesterday, as a combo birthday/thank you gift for taking care of her after her surgery. This!


She won it as a door prize at one of her A.S.I.D. functions, but said as soon as she laid eyes on it, she knew it had my name written all over it. I think she was right.


I left it sitting in the back of my car while I was unloading a bunch of plants I had bought, and when I came back to fetch it, I found this little ceramic skull tucked in amongst the greenery. Apparently Alexis wasn't the only one with a gift for me yesterday. Hubby was just being silly when he stuck it in the planter, but I actually like it there, don't you?


Which is why I went looking for my Dia de los Muertos candle, and added that to the grouping as well. I'm thinking it might be kinda fun to change it up with the seasons, tuck a little bling in there come Christmastime. Best of all, the plants are all artificial, though you'd never know it without actually feeling them. That way I won't be having a meltdown whenever one section or another starts to crap out on me.

Thank you, thank you Lexiepoo, and feel free to have surgery again any time! I'll be more than happy to play nurse for you.

No comments: