Friday, August 17, 2012

SHANGHAI

Why yes, those Italian sodas DO match my decor. So good of you to notice!
Well, today's the day. I'm finally going to teach a few of my Wimberley girlfriends how to play Shanghai and, hopefully, they will love it so much they will want to get together to play at least once a month thereafter.
In Indonesia the women played once a week, but then, living there in the middle of the jungle, we didn't have much else to do or anywhere else to go, now did we? Here, though we are mostly retired with empty nests, we are all so busy with travel, volunteering and with following our passions, it's surprisingly difficult to find dates when even the majority of our group can get together. Having everyone there would be a miracle!
I'm confident, however, that the four or five who are coming today will have such a great time, the word will get out. Then the others will be much more likely to clear their schedules, once I announce the next get-together. Of course, we can't let word spread too far. You can only park so many cars on this crazy driveway of mine!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...


Thanks for such a great post and the review, I am totally impressed!

Unknown said...

I'm not big at playing cards. In fact, its been years, but this was surprisingly fun. I'll be back!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Good, 'cause I've already got the itch to play again.

Anonymous said...


Thanks a lot once more for a lot of things.

Anonymous said...


Yay google is my world beater helped me to uncover this great internet site !