Thursday, August 9, 2012

GETTING BACK INTO THE GROOVE

It's been so long since I've been totally absorbed in veggie-growing, I had to dig back through my baskets full of notebooks and records to remind myself of what to do, and when. I thought I was getting  quite the early start on my fall garden, when in fact, I'm a little behind.
One thin that's good to plant here in August is beans, and I just happened to have quite the assortment of bean seeds stored in the veggie drawer of my refrigerator. Beans were a real deer-magnet when I tried to grow them first on the trellis by the front door, and then in my courtyard garden. So I'm thinking that these leftover seeds will be the perfect test crop for these old raised beds with their new "deer proof" fabric tents that fit over them.
Better to know up front, before investing way too much time and money, if I'm fixin' to get my heart broken again. Right?

No comments: