Monday, August 27, 2012

COLOR MAD MONDAY: WHIMSY WOMAN

Do you remember my telling you about Whimsy Woman and her shop a while back? About finding my fabulous old painting of some little boys skinny-dipping in Jacob's Well while I was there? Well, her first shop was in a not-so-great location, so when word got out that the stained glass lady was thinking about retiring, Whimsy Woman and her hubby jumped at the chance. They now have a fantastic location for their Whimsy Store -- in which they have both their original type of merchandise and stained glass -- right next to the staircase leading down to Inoz', which means I pass her shop on a regular basis. Almost every time I do, I feel the need to whip out my camera and snap a picture of something. Why? Well, because she's the only person I know who's almost as color-mad as me. She prefers to express that color-craziness on shabby old pieces of wooden furniture and accessories, such as this pile of old picture frames I spotted there the other day.


Mad, right? But in a good way!

P.S. You get extra points if you noticed that the picture frames echo the colors in that pot holder quilt that is hanging there to the left.

No comments: