Thursday, July 19, 2012

TIME TRAVEL

I have been keeping track of my days in notebooks and agendas for about forty five years now, and have pretty much filled up an entire cedar chest with them. The odd thing is that, other than using them to nail down the sequence of events over on my Miss Becky Goes Abroad blog, or to figure out when my last eye exam or mammogram was, I almost never go back to look at any of them. It's just way too time consuming to dig through them all. I have, however, found another way to time-travel, one that just tickles me no end. 


Once you become a home owner, as I'm sure you know, there seems to be a never-ending to-do list, and sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed by all that still needs to be done here at Seasonality. One thing that helps me to adjust my perspective is to scan back through the photos I have posted on this blog. I feel so much better once I've taken one of these quickie trips through time, and am reminded of all that we have accomplished already, and just how far we have come. On one cooking blog that I was reading for a while, at the end of each posted recipe, there are links back to each recipe she posted on that same date in each of the previous few years. It got me to thinking, about how fun it would be to have those kinds of links on my own blog. If only I knew how to set something like that up, then on any given week -- take mid-July for instance -- at the mere click of a button, I could travel back through the last four or five years and see just what I was doing in...

2008:
My first ever float at the Blue Hole with the Muses,
which inspired one of my first ever mixed-media pieces - Arms Wide Open.
Pining for a gen-u-ine cistern, to replace our little green plastic rain barrels.
2009:
Attending my first ever Rain Dance.
Dealing with the heartbreak of having to move Mom into assisted living.
Brainstorming ideas for transforming this eyesore area into an Hacienda-Courtyard-Kitchen-Cantina Garden.
2010:
Going bonkers over producing my first ever little Sugar Baby watermelon.
Getting the Cantina Garden all decked out for an upcoming cousins reunion, and wondering when the heck that Mexican restaurant that went in across the street was finally going to open!
2011:
Tearing up our kitchen and bath.
Beginning my search for the perfect tomato tart recipe.
Being ever so grateful that my hubby was finally living here full-time, even if it meant having a garage packed full of stuff that needed homes to be found for, and reorganizing just about every room in the house!
Yep, we've come a long way baby, and it sure would be awesome to have some of those flashback links on my blog, so I could remind myself of that on a regular basis, don't you agree? If only I knew how to install them!

No comments: