Wednesday, July 18, 2012

ART FOR THE CHILDREN

Remember when my daughter Lex taught herself to do embroidery last year, just so she could turn an old shabby chair into a fabulous Dia de los Muertos chair? It was auctioned off at a fundraiser for Wimberley's after school art program, Arts from the Heart. Well, it's that time of year again!
This time she was given a little metal soda shoppe chair to transform, and once again, she felt compelled to call on her embroidery skills.
With the addition of some sparkle-glitter spray paint, and water-color-swirls fabric, she ended up with an absolutely adorable mermaid chair.
I think some little girl is going to be over the moon when this shows up in front of her desk or vanity, don't you?

2 comments:

musingegret said...

That is truly lovely; I'm not even a little girl and I'd want it! ;-)
Great job, Lex.

musingegret said...

That is truly lovely; I'm not even a little girl and I'd want it! ;-)
Great job, Lex.