Tuesday, June 12, 2012

PROJECTS GALORE!

Lot's going on at Seasonality these days.
Lexie has once again volunteered to remake an old chair into something magnificent -- something worthy of being auctioned off at the next Arts From The Heart fundraiser. Last time she taught herself to embroider and made a fantastic Dia de los Muertos chair. Can't wait to see what she does with this one!
Mimas has steadily been adding nice little renovations to their property -- custom built booths, cushions, cafe curtains, and now, patio umbrellas -- in all my favorite colors! Just one more reason for me to love the place (as if I needed any!).
I started working on these little blocks that will go in my "inspiration corner". They are one of the final projects for my Art of Wild Abandonment class.
But then I got distracted by my Color Love 101 class, which started yesterday. There are lots of new supplies which need to be catalogued and have swatch books made for them.
This drawer in the kitchen buffet is gradually being usurped.  I had to start asking myself, which will I use more often, the fancy Greek kebab skewers and French cheese labels, or the new Tombow markers, Pan Pastels, Peerless Watercolors and Ink sprays that are winging their way to me right now?
On top of these two classes, I still have a week to go on my 30-Day cooking class. I admit, three overlapping classes was probably a bit much, but what can I say? I just love learnin' new stuff!
My hubby had a surprise project up his sleeve as well. Up till now, I've had a few herbs growing along the upstairs driveway, behind the house, but most were downstairs in the Cantina Garden, around front. I admit, it was kind of a pain having to stop what you were doing and run out, around, and down, to snip a few herbs for whatever you were cooking. Not so anymore!
Thanks to my hubby, I now have two lovely self-watering windowboxes filled to overflowing with herbs, just two steps out my kitchen door!
Most exciting of all? It's the one spot on this whole four acres that the deer cant get to, so I even added a bit of purslane and sweet potato vine to trail over the sides. Woohoo!

What about you? What projects are underway at your house this summer?

No comments: