Thursday, May 10, 2012

THANKS BROTHER BILL!

Mansfield Dam is just up the road from the restaurant.
My brother, who is a big fan of celebrity chefs and their cookbooks, drew my hubby's name for Christmas last year. His present? A very generous gift certificate to Hudson's on the Bend, who's specialty is wild game. We just got around to using it a few weeks ago, as we were waiting for the switch to daylight savings time (it would be a very long drive home in the dark, with all the deer and what have you).

Part of the extensive herb garden surrounding Hudson's.
The open-air bar area.
One of many small, intimate dining rooms that make up the restaurant.
Unfortunately, I must not have had my camera set right, for none of my food pictures turned out. I have just four words you -- foie gras, creme brule. 'Nuf said. (no, not foie gras flavored creme brulee - two separate courses!)

Not just one creme brulee. Three -- all for me!

No comments: