Friday, May 4, 2012

A SNEAK PEEK

Yikes! I can tell already, it's gonna be one of those days. I've got company coming over Sunday, which I'm quite happy about. But, as you may have guessed, I've spent the last several weeks doing lots and lots of artsy stuff, and very little housework. Make that NO housework! So, time to get busy, right? Only thing is, tomorrow we've promised to go to the Pecan Street Festival over in Austin with Lex. Plus, we found out that a really cool urban gardening couple are opening up their veggie garden to members of the LAMP program for tours -- tomorrow only -- and we can't miss that, now can we? So, tomorrow is pretty much shot. Guess that leaves today for going to the gym (have to, since I skipped yesterday), cleaning the bouse, buying groceries, doing some clean up in the garden and on the porches, and making a bakery run. But wait, there's more!

It just so happens that tomorrow I am participating in The Art of Wild Abandonment Blog Hop! All the members of my on-line art class, who happen to blog as well, will be linked together so you can easily hop from one post to the next. I'm really looking forward to it because, though we all began each project with the same basic instructions, it was up to us to interpret them in our own unique way. I can't wait to see what the others came up with. Plus, it will be a great opportunity to discover some inspiring new blogs. Most of the others completed the course last month, when it was first offerred, but I'm just now getting started on it, so they will have much more to show for it than me!

The Blog Hop goes live at 8:00 AM BST tomorrow morning, which is 2:00 AM my time (class members are from all over the place, in both hemispheres!). So, in addition to the chores I mentioned earlier, all I have to do is photograph all the work I have done so far and write a blog post about the class, link the post to the other participants and explain how the "hop" works to my readers, then try and figure out how to use the "auto-post" capability I've been told that Blogger has. Knowing me and technology, however, it might be easier if I just stay up past midnight and post it manually, so it's ready to go when all the Brits wake up and start their blog-hopping.

Like I said, lots to do today, huh? So, why on earth then, when my hubby looked at me with giddy expectancy as we were crawling into bed last night, and asked "Wanna go see The Avengers with me tomorrow?", did I reply "Sure, why not?"
Yep. It's gonna be one of those days!

P.S. If my Sunday guests are reading this, and it's making them feel sorta guilty, well snap out of it! I invited you over this week on purpose, because I knew it was the only way I'd get anything done. If you called right now and rescheduled for later, to give me more time, know what would happen? I'd go straight back to playing with my fun stuff, until mere hours before you were due to arrive, and it'd be the same story all over again! Sad to say, it's just the way I roll. OK, that was a lie. I'm not really sad at all. Who do you know who has more fun? When Hubby and I are on our deathbeds, what would we regret most -- a less than perfect house, or years- and years-worth of missed opportunities?

1 comment:

Mrs.C. said...

Wow! you are a busy artist. Love your thumbnails and owls. Sounds like you are having a busy weekend. thanks for sharing. ♥